Health BENEFITS of Vitamin B6:
- helps the body convert food into energy
- supports a healthy nervous system
- helps make oxygen-carrying red blood cells
- aids in the production of neurotransmitters
- promotes good mental health
- supports a strong immune system
- helps control blood levels of homocysteine
- assists in producing hormones
- helps support sex hormones
- supports a healthy sperm count in men
Foods HIGH in Vitamin B6:
Things to KNOW About Vitamin B6:
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) belongs to the group of eight "B-complex" vitamins. The B vitamins work together with enzymes (molecules that speed up chemical reactions within cells) to break down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats from the foods you eat and turn them into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the main source of energy within every cell of your body.
The B vitamins also play an important role in maintaining a healthy gastrointestinal tract, as well as healthy skin, eyes, nail, hair, liver, heart, and nerves.
All B vitamins are water soluble, meaning they dissolve easily in water. Any excess B vitamins the body doesn't need are released through the urine. Since extra B vitamins aren't stored in the body, you must consume them daily for good health.