Health BENEFITS of Vitamin B3:
- helps the body convert food into energy
- helps maintain healthy skin and mucus membranes
- supports the adrenals and helps regulate stress
- promotes a strong digestive system
- aids in producing hydrochloric acid for good digestion
- helps increase blood flow and improves circulation
- supports a healthy nervous system
- helps make reproductive hormones
- aids in reducing LDL cholesterol in the blood
- helps make and repair the genetic material DNA
Foods HIGH in Vitamin B3:
Things to KNOW About Vitamin B3:
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) belongs to the group of eight "B-complex" vitamins. The B vitamins work together with enzymes (molecules that speed up chemical reactions within cells) to break down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats from the foods you eat and turn them into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the main source of energy within every cell of your body.
The B vitamins also play an important role in maintaining a healthy gastrointestinal tract, as well as healthy skin, eyes, nails, hair, liver, heart, and nerves.
All B vitamins are water soluble, meaning they dissolve easily in water. Any excess B vitamins the body doesn't need are released through the urine. Since extra B vitamins aren't stored in the body, you must consume them daily for good health.