Health BENEFITS of Silicon:
- helps build strong bones, connective tissues, and blood vessels
- assists in producing collagen for healthy hair, nails, and skin
- helps the body use available calcium without leeching it from bones
- aids in strengthening the immune system
- helps reduce chronic inflammation
- assists in reducing the risk of osteoporosis
Foods HIGH in Silicon:
Things to KNOW About Silicon:
Silicon or silica is the second most abundant element on earth after oxygen. Dietary silicon is different from silicone, which is a solid material that contains silicon atoms used in breast implants and high-tech devices.
Silicon is found in certain foods and can also be found in clay, sand, and rocks such as quartz and granite.
There's approximately one gram of silicon in the human body in the form of silinate or silicic acid. It's mainly found in bones, cartilage, tendons, skin, hair, nails, and blood vessels.
Silicon is a beautifying, anti-aging mineral and supports strong bones, flexible joints, glowing skin, shiny hair, and healthy fingernails. It also helps increase the overall benefits of calcium, vitamin D, and glucosamine.